Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Writing an IF/Then Statement in VB based on entry in a cell

if activecell.text = "#Value!" then

or

if iserror(activecell.value) then
to catch all kinds of errors

Barb Reinhardt wrote:

How about if the cell value is #Value! ???

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

One more way:

if activecell.text = "#N/A" then

Barb Reinhardt wrote:

Thanks. The ActiveCell.Value part was what I needed.

Now I have another question. How do I check to see If ActiveCell.Value =
#N/A. I can't seem to figure this one out.

"bigwheel" wrote:

Something like this perhaps:-

If ActiveCell.Value 0 Then
' put here what you want to happen i.e.
MsgBox "it's working!!"
End If

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

I have defined the following value for a cell within my macro

Range("K" & i).Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _
"=((YEAR(RC[-1])-YEAR(RC[-2]))*12)+(MONTH(RC[-1])-MONTH(RC[-2]))"

If the value of this range is 0, I want to do other things. I'm not sure
how to write an "IF" statement to capture this information. How do I do
that?

Thanks in advance,
Barb Reinhardt

--