Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sara Hopkins Sara Hopkins is offline

Default Macro to perform F2

Hi all,
I have a column of text entries, which happen to be hyperlinks that Excel
doesn't recognise as hyperlinks: i.e. www.home.com, file://C:\somefile.txt,
etc
I want a means of converting the each cell of the column automatically and
so far in my research the only thing that appears to work is using the F2
function key to re-enter each cell's content.
I recorded a macro on the first cell but instead of refreshing the content
of each subsequent cell, it makes the content of every cell the same as the
first one.
The source of the data is an MS Access Query via MS Query, and the content
of the column has the potential to change every time the Spreadsheet is
opened, so automation is really the only option. I am creating the
Spreadsheet using Excel 2002 but it will be used by users running Excel 2000.
Thanks in anticipation, Sara