Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name No Name is offline

Default Excel Programming and Pocket Excel

Not sure if this is the right newsgroup. If not could someone direct me to
the right group.

I'm having problems with a Worksheet that I created. Its a bit tricky and
was wondering if there is anyone here that is good with Excel give me a hand
here.

The situation is I'm a sales rep and I have created a list of items i sell
in a master list that has price, item # and UPC.

When I am scan the UPC with a barcode the cell has to be in a text format.
When I just enter in a item # by hand the cell has to be a number.

That is the situation i am having on the desktop.

When I copy the file to the IPAQ HX2750 all i can do is enter the item
number regardless of the cell being in text or number format.

If you think you can help please email me and I'll send my file over to you.

Thanks in advance.