Roger Govier

One way
=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH($B$2:$B$1000)=6),$C$"2$C$1000)
Change ranges to suit
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"matt" wrote in message
What I have is a list of the jobs that we have bid for multiple months on
single spreadsheet. Included in this imformation is a column with the
date
and a column with the price. What I would like to do is have a function
that
will return the average bid price for each month.

I know how to count the number of bids for each month, but I don't know
how
to extract the prices out of the price column for the corresponding date.

ex. sheet

job bid date bid price
001 6/23/05 $5656
002 6/26/05 $7878
003 7/2/05 $4523
004 6/30/05 $6756

Question: how do I write a function that will look at the jobs in June
and
take the average of their bid prices, excluding the price of the job in
July?

"PokerZan" wrote:

This really isn't a complete question, so I am assuming all the bids are
on a single spreadsheet.

If you have all your bid in a column, just go to the last empty cell of
said column and enter this:

=average(A2:A50)

Is this what you are asking?

PZan