Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RB Smissaert RB Smissaert is offline

Default Force particular Excel version loading with CreateObject?

Trying to figure out what the best way is to deal with the
problem of installing an .xla add-in when the user has multiple versions of
Excel.

My installation now works with COM automation in an INNO script.
It all looks slightly different as INNO uses Pascal, but bascically it uses
CreateObject.

Now the question is how can I force a particular Excel version with
CreateObject.
I know that sticking the version number after Application doesn't work:
CreateObject("Excel.Application.9") etc.

I suppose the simplest and safest way is to just not automate this at all
but tell the user to
open Excel (of their choice) and do Tools, Add-ins etc.
I am still hoping thought that there might be a way how to do this.

Thanks for any advice.

RBS