Biff

Hi!

Try this:

A1 = manufacturing
B1 = formula:

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A1,List_1,0)),1,IF(ISNUMBER(MAT CH(A1,List_2,0)),5,IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A1,List_3,0)) ,9,"")))

Biff

"JTinAtlanta" wrote in message
note - I referred to my ranges as lists. Wasn't sure of the impact, if
any,
that would have to my data. I went ahead and updated this request. I
REALLY
appreciate any help on this, as I have limited documentation regarding
Excel
syntax in formulas. Thanks again.

All,

I am trying to create a formula that will evaluate a cell against 3 named
ranges,
populating another cell with the value assigned to the matching range or
feeding it with a 0 if it doesn't match values in any of the ranges. Is
this
possible? Thank you in advance!!!

Cell_1 : 'Manufacturing'
Cell_2 : <cell where returned value needs to be placed

RANGE_1 RANGE_2 RANGE_3
'Shipping' 'Medical' 'Construction'
'Engineering' 'Banking' 'Entertainment'
'Manufacturing

Cell_3 = 1 (RANGE_1 score)
Cell_4 = 5 (RANGE_2 score)
Cell_5 = 9 (RANGE_3 score)

Logic:
IF Cell_1 in LIST_1, then Cell_2 = Cell_3 ELSE
IF Cell_2 in LIST_2, then Cell_2 = Cell_4 ELSE
IF Cell_3 in LIST_3, then Cell_2 = Cell_5 ELSE
Cell_2 = 0
END-IF
END-IF
END-IF