Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Martin Martin is offline

Default Macro to identify bad dates

Easier to do in Excel, I think. Insert an extra column and type:

=CELL("format",[cell ref])

and copy it down. It gives "D1" for the right format so you could then put
in some conditional formatting to highlight any cells that don't equal "D1".

"Sandeman" wrote:

I have a column of data, most of which are dates formatted as
DD-MM-YYYY. However, some of the data are not formatted properly due
to being incomplete. For example, instead of DD-MM-YYYY, the cell
contains "June 2002."

I would like a macro that identifies these "bad" dates and colors the
cell red for every bad date found. Any help?

Thanks again everybody.

--
Sandeman
Sandeman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32440