Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Cells.Find and text in hiddend column

I think it's by design. Well, it's worked that way for as long as I can
remember.

achidsey wrote:

Excel Experts,

At the end of a number of modules in my code, I find specific text, and in
the cell to the right, enter the text "DONE". An example would be:

Cells.Find(What:="Save GS Files").Offset(, 1).Select
Selection.Value = "DONE"

Generally, I hide the column that contains the text that the cells.find
looks for. Generally this doesn't cause a problem, but sometimes this part
of the code fails, and to get it to work I have to unhide the column that
hold the text.

Is this a known problem where a cells.find command can't find text in a
hidden cell or is this an unusually/bug type situation? Or should I be
adding some additional parameters to the cells.find command?

Thanks,
Alan

--
achidsey