Russ

After following your explanation I see that Bob's solution does work
fine. I was and still am unsure of the reasons for the quotes and
ampersands and why they go where they do, but I plugged in my columns
and rows and got it going just fine. All it needs is some way to
indicate a relative address for each column so I can copy the formula
across columns easily. Thanks for the help.

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:49:07 +0100, "Roger Govier"
wrote:

Bob's solution works fine.
What are you entering in B1 and B2? What error are you getting?
With 13 in B1 and 15 in B2 and the values 10,20,30 in cells A13, A14 and A15
I get the correct result of 60.