Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jerry W. Lewis Jerry W. Lewis is offline

Default macros won't work when tabs with data used are hidden

Macro recording produces very fat code

Sheets("Sheet10").Select
Range("A1").Select

can be collapsed into

Sheets("Sheet10").Range("A1").Select

which would still error. You did not include the action to be performed on
A1, but that too can probably be combined together into a single statment
that does not involve Select (see my previous poste for an example).

Jerry

"pywhacket" wrote:

I am very much a novice when it comes to VBA, Ia m trying to learn. I
substituted what is below and I get runtime error 9 Subscript out of range -
what am I doing wrong

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("Sheet10").Select
Range("A1").Selec

"pywhacket" wrote:

Hi! I have macros that on a worksheet that run off data on worksheets, in the
same workbook, that need to be hidden when the workbook is distributed.
Whenever I hide them my macros Iget runtime error '1004' Select method of
worksheet class failed.

Is there a way around this?
Thanks -