Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frederick Chow Frederick Chow is offline

Default Help with Formula (data validation maybe?)

Hi Scott,

1. Select A1:E5, and then Choose Insert | Name | Create, and then click OK.
2. Assume that:
a. you have made linked cells in H1, I1 to each of your dropdown menu
respectively,
b. In H2, enter "=INDEX(ListRange1, 1, H1)"
In I2, enter "=INDEX(ListRange2, ,I1, 1)"
where ListRange1 = {home, home2, ...} and ListRange2 = {Tom, Bill,
..... }
c. Enter the following formula in a cell

=ADDRESS(ROW(INDIRECT(H2) INDIRECT(H2)), COLUMN(INDIRECT(H2), INDIRECT(H2))

Hope this helps
Frederick Chow

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a sheet that looks like this with phone #s filled in
a b c d e
home home2 car office office2
1 Tom
2 Bill
3 Steve
4 Harry
5 John

I have created a drop down menu for the names, and a dropdown menu for
the locations. What I want to do, is create a formula or something to
put in a box next to these menus so that when you select, for example,
Tom + home2 it will give you THAT #, and if you select Steve + car it
will give you THAT #, and so on

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Scott