Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
taylorm taylorm is offline

Default Question on SaveCopyAs

Someone in my area created a macro a couple of years ago that did th
following:
1) Copy / Paste Special Values the selected ranges in the worksheet
2) SaveCopyAs a new, predetermined file name (with the hard-code
values)
3) Reopen original template worksheet (with the formulas in tact)

This worksheet hasn't been used since July of 2005 and now we're tryin
to use it again, but we're experiencing a problem with the macro. Whe
it gets to the step where its to reopen the original file, we get th
following error:

"Run-time error '1004': A document with the name 'filename.xls' i
already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, eve
if the documents are in different folders." etc.

One item to note is that we have migrated to Microsoft Office XP sinc
this file was used last July. And the person who wrote the macro (an
the end user) swears that it worked before. I can't find anything tha
suggests any change in the SaveCopyAs command between Excel 97 and Exce
2002. Can anybody shed any light or suggest a better method

--
taylor
taylorm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2889