Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default How to make text data export to excel in text format.

How are you sending your numbers to excel?

If your are using some standard method, then you may just have to fix them
after they get there

Dim rng as Range
set rng =Range(cells(1,1),cells(rows.count,1))
rng.Numberformat = "general"
Range("IV1").Value = 1
Range("IV1").copy
rng.pasteSpecial xlValues, xlMultiply
Columns(256).Delete
ActiveSheet.UsedRange

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I am in a similar situation. However, I am sending the numbers from my
VB application to Excel and instead of being stored as numbers they are
getting stored as Text. And if we check the excel, it stay the number
are stored as text and gives the sae rectangle to fix it.

Any help on how we can store the number as numbers directly to excel
rather than changing the fields in excel after they have been entered.

Any idea will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
Lovely

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
numbers stored as text is a warning, not a data type.

if the cells contain numbers and they are stored as text, then in later
versions of excel, you can get this indication. The only alternative

is to
store them as numbers, but it sounds like you want them stored as text

and
they are.

Tom Ogilvy