Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Change Value outside of Cell

If you are asking can you write a function that is called from one cell and
updates the value in another cell, that can not be done. User defined
functions called from a spreadsheet can only modify the cell that they are in.

On the other hand if a sub or function is called from code then it has the
ability to update whatever it wants.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Abode" wrote:

Hello. I'd like to know if there is a way to change the value of a cell
without having a function in that cell. I don't know how to explain exactly
what I want to do but if any of you know of a way that I can write a function
that will enter values into a different cell I would be most grateful.
Thanks for your time.