Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Undo changes in range

Option Explicit

Dim WatchRange As Range
Dim ChangedRange As Range
Dim Resp As Long

Set WatchRange = Range("A5:F64")
Set ChangedRange = Intersect(Target, WatchRange)

If ChangedRange Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "You changed a cell NOT in the WatchRange", vbOKOnly
Else
Resp = MsgBox(Prompt:="You changed a cell in the WatchRange" & vbLf _
& "Are you sure?", Buttons:=vbYesNo)

If Resp = vbYes Then
'do nothing
Else
With Application
.EnableEvents = False
.Undo
.EnableEvents = True
End With

Bri wrote:

Hello to all

When the user CHANGES an entry in range A5:F64, I'd like a msgbox to ask for
confirmation, or else undo the change.

So far I can tell if the change is in the desired range (see below), but I
have no clue as to how to undo the changes if not confirmed by the user.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks, Brian

Dim WatchRange As Range
Dim ChangedRange As Range

Set WatchRange = Range("A5:F64")
Set ChangedRange = Intersect(Target, WatchRange)

If ChangedRange Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "You changed a cell NOT in the WatchRange", vbOKOnly
Else
MsgBox "You changed a cell in the WatchRange", vbOKOnly

Dave Peterson