Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Protecting mailed worksheet

hi parteegolfer

Before you save it protect the worksheet

With dest
..Sheets(1).Protect "Ron"
..SaveAs "Selection of " & ThisWorkbook.Name _
& " " & strdate & ".xls"

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"parteegolfer" wrote in message
news:parteegolfer.24wawa_1142735701.1207@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Is there a way to do this with code to lock the sheet that is created
here which is to e-mailed in this macro? I know I van protect the
original however I would like the e-mailed copy only protected.

PROTECTION SOMEWHERE HE
Sub Mail_Range()
Dim source As Range
Dim dest As Workbook
Dim strdate As String

Set source = Nothing
On Error Resume Next
Set source = Range("A1:J100").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
On Error GoTo 0
If source Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "The source is not a range or the sheet is protect, please
correct and try again.", vbOKOnly
Exit Sub
End If

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Set dest = Workbooks.Add(xlWBATWorksheet)
source.Copy
With dest.Sheets(1)
Cells(1).PasteSpecial Paste:=8
' Paste:=8 will copy the column width in Excel 2000 and higher
' If you use Excel 97 use the other example
Cells(1).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues, , False, False
Cells(1).PasteSpecial xlPasteFormats, , False, False
Cells(1).Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End With

strdate = Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy h-mm-ss")
With dest
SaveAs "Selection of " & ThisWorkbook.Name _
& " " & strdate & ".xls"
SendMail "", "This is the Subject line"
ChangeFileAccess xlReadOnly
Kill .FullName