Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JohnB[_4_] JohnB[_4_] is offline

Default Conditional Formatting Character length

All,

Here is what I want to do. If a cell's character length is more than 38
characters (if len()38), then the cell gets highlighted red. If not, then
nothing. I would like to have this were it happens automatically instead of
having to run a macro each time. Is there a macro that can do this? What I
am trying to do is make sure that when a user types in a description in a
cell, that the character length is 38 or less.

Thanks.