Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default UserForms and double-clicked worksheets...

Have you tried showing it as a modeless form?

Tom Ogilvy

"Dan" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have a macro that is loaded (via the XLSTART directory) which first
displays a splash-screen using a UserForm and an OnTime event to close it
after a couple of seconds. This works fine.

However - if I start Excel by double-clicking on an .XLS sheet via

Explorer,
Excel starts, my first worksheet loads (with it's macro), I get my pretty
splash screen, it closes, but the file I double-clicked on DOES NOT load.

If I use a MsgBox instead of a UserForm it works correctly. Both

worksheets
load.

If I remove my macro worksheet from the XLSTART directory (or even just
disable the UserForm), the double-clicked file loads correctly.

If I start Excel via a shortcut, my macro worksheet loads and I can then
manually open the required worksheet via [file], [open], etc... and this
works too.

Does anyone know why UserForm appears to stop Excel loading any worksheets
at application startup?

I would rather use a UserForm instead of a MsgBox as a UserForm can be

made
to look nicer... (grin)

Thanks!

Dan :)