Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Delete Directory Contents/DOS Shell

What you are trying to do can be a little dangerous. The safest approach
might be to create a small .bat file, say dangerous.bat, and fully test it.
Then use SHELL to run the bat file:

Sub Macro1()
x = Shell("cmd.exe /c C:\belfry\dangerous.bat", 1)
End Sub

The danger is that if anything goes wrong with the CD commands in the bat
file, really bad things can happen.
--
Gary's Student

"Edd" wrote:

Hi Experts:

I want to be able to delete the contents of a directory (or remove and
recreate the same directory). What is the best way to do that?

(My first thought is via a DOS shell using its commands, but I no not how
plus there has to be a better way.)

After I delete the contents of this directory, using data from a colum of a
spreadsheet, I would like to create a text file and copy that file to that
directory (the whose contents was deleted).

Your help is appreciated, please. Thanks!