Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default recognizing names

I'd guess that
the range isn't named what you think it is
or the name doesn't point to what you think it does.

Get a copy of Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson)
Name Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

It may help you debug the problem.

vegetassj3 wrote:

No, i've tried changing sheets to worksheets; names to range; .value and
.text and still no luck

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe...

if worksheets(i).range("quote_status").value = "Closed" then

vegetassj3 wrote:

I can't get my macro to recognize names i've given to cells i.e.

If Sheets(I).Names("Quote_Status") = "Closed" Then

it won't recognize Quote_Status as the name of a cell even though there is a
cell on the sheet specified (variable in this case) with that name.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson