Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel
Peter Aitken Peter Aitken is offline

Default Dynamic pivot table

"Jon Haakon Ariansen" wrote in message
I really wounder how good Excel really is. I have for some years now
worked with a simple worksheet where I register my hours of work for all
the prosjects I participate in. In my workbook I have a sheet for all the
months in a year where I have a date, project, activty and description
column. The last sheet in workbook I have a summary where I calculate my
salary based on each month and a total salary. This works fine.

What I want is to expand the functionality by making a summary for each
month where I calculate all the hours for each project by month.
To do this manually I can us a pivot table to get what I want at this
current time. However I want to make a dynamic solution so I at any time
can go in and see the summary without making a new pivottable. The dynamic
pivottable shall show the summary for the current month.

This might seem a little complex functionality, but if this really works,
I will really bend myself in the dust for Excel and all the fantastic
functionalities which is avalable.
Anybody have some sort of tips, example or any guidens if this should be
possible???

Kind regards,

Jon Haakon

I don't see why this is a problem - PTs are designed to do just this thing.
Make your PT with Month as a page field. When you want to view it, just
select the desired month and refresh the table. No need to create a new PT.

--
Peter Aitken