Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vic Eldridge[_3_] Vic Eldridge[_3_] is offline

Default Prevent Cursor from Changing from default

is this a macro you're talking about?
Yes.

think it's needlessly complicated

Excel's object model is one of the most complicated in existence. That's the
price we pay for such a powerful and flexible computing environment.

I am most interested in how to solve this problem.

To what problem are you referring ?

Regards,
Vic Eldridge

"Brainless_in_Boston" wrote:

Vic -

Sorry to jump in - is this a macro you're talking about? I'm really curious
about this process, and I appreciate that you know how to address it!

I have very little success with writing macros (and think it's needlessly
complicated), so I am most interested in how to solve this problem.

Mark

"Vic Eldridge" wrote:

Hi Charles,

You can set the cursor to display only the arrow with the following,
Application.Cursor = xlNorthwestArrow

To set it back to normal behaviour use the following,
Application.Cursor = xlDefault

it is hidden - using white color

If you used the .Visible property to hide the circles, you wouldn't have to
change their color, and the xlDefault cursor icon would no longer "give away"
their location. It is worth trying to keep the cursor property set to
xlDefault, as it's context sensitive nature is quite useful.

Regards,
Vic Eldridge