Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default file sharing

Anna
In the WB_Open event you could:
Application.OnTime DateAdd("h", 1, Now()), TimeToClose

Personally I would find this very annoying, so I hope you have a good reason
for doing so.
Make sure you give the user warning what is going to happen, so they chance
to finish whatever they are doing.

NickHK

"Anna" wrote in message
How can I restrict user to use the file for a period of time (e.g. 1 hour)
instead of close the file at a specific time (e.g. 5:00 pm)

Thunder,
Thank you for your help. Your code assists me force user to close file.
That's great.

"Anna" wrote:

I have files (with vba) that share with some users. Is it possible to
restrict the user certain time of using that file, automatically save

and
close the file on the restricted time. Is it possible to know who is

using
the file?
Thank you for your advise