Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bill Brehm Bill Brehm is offline

Default using a VB function in a spreeadsheet

No I hadn't put it in personal.xls. I first started out putting it in
Microsoft Excel Objects, Sheet1 and ThisWorkbook. Then at Ardus Petus
suggestion I put it in Modules, Module1 but it still didn't work. Just now I
started over from scratch and it works fine. So I guess putting it in the
wrong place caused me some trouble.

"piyush1982" wrote in message
I was having the same problem but only when I placed the function in
Personal.xls.
When I placed the same function in a module in the workbook that I wanted
use it in, it worked fine.

Dunno if you've already tried this?!

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

Works by me.
see example: http://cjoint.com/?dqjN3isIYk

HTH
--
AP

"Bill Brehm " <<don't want any spam a écrit dans le message de
I tried that and I still get the #Name? error. I have hit F9 to

recalculate.
As a test I added two Ripple functions and when I added a new cell with

that
name it popped up an error the notice the name conflict. So it seems to
be
trying.

Any other suggestion?

"Ardus Petus" wrote in message
You have to plce your code in a Module.

--
AP

"Bill Brehm " <<don't want any spam a écrit dans le message de
I opened the VB editor and added a simple function to the General

sheet.
tried both ThisWorkbook and the specific sheet.

Public Function Ripple(x As Double) As Double

Ripple = x

End Function

In the spreadsheet I try to put =Ripple(A1), etc, into cells, but I
get

#Name? error. How do I get the spreadsheet to recognize the VB

function?