Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Summing the values in text boxes

Generally speaking that should work, but you need to run that code when any
of the textboxes change... Another thing to try would be to convert the
values to numbers (text boxes hold text strings)...

txt4 = cdbl(txt1.value) + cdbl(txt2.value) + cdbl(txt3.value)

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"cosmic mo" wrote:

I am working with a user form that has three text boxes. The text boxes
are connected to three scroll bars. When the user adjusts the scroll
bars, the text box values change accordingly, or the user can manually
enter a value into each box.

I would like to have a fourth text box that is a sum of the previous
three. I've tried a few things, but with no luck. As the user changes
each box, the total in the fourth box should adjust accordingly.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this to work? I've tried
this...

txt4 = txt1.value + txt2.value + txt3.value

Thanks

--
cosmic mo
cosmic mo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20900