Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Accessing workbook after .OpenText

You have the name of the workbook in Name

Dim name
Dim fullname
Dim bk as Workbook
name = Dir(ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\*.csv")
While name < ""
fullname = ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\" & name
MsgBox fullname
Workbooks.OpenText _
Filename:=fullname, _
DataType:=xlDelimited, _
comma:=True
set bk = workbooks(name)
' now use bk to refer to the workbook

' Some code to go here....
name = Dir
Wend

Tom Ogilvy

"Phil_V" wrote:

Hi all,

I have the following code in an Excel document:

Code:
--------------------
Dim name
Dim fullname
name = Dir(ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\*.csv")
While name < ""
fullname = ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\" & name
MsgBox fullname
Workbooks.OpenText _
Filename:=fullname, _
DataType:=xlDelimited, _
comma:=True

' Some code to go here....
name = Dir
Wend
--------------------

Ok, the problem I have at the moment is that I need to open this csv
file, which is performed fine above into a new workbook. However how do
I then get a 'pointer' to that workbook. I need to be able to perform
operations on the opened .csv file, and my original workbook, (the one
with the macro in it), and then copy data out of the .csv file into the
original workbook.

I'm guessing it would be something like:

with Workbooks(2).Worksheets(1).... etc, but I don't know how to make
sure I am talking about the right workbook.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Phil

--