Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Number Format

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 03:39:58 -0800, Bill wrote:

Hello,
I have the following that works in Excel 2003, but not in Excel 2000. I
am trying to apply a number format to an average of a range (called DB)

Dim VF as string, DB as database, DAvg
VF = DB(1,1).numberformat
DBavg = format(application.average(DB),VF)

When the number format is General, the value I get for DBAvg is
"Ge5enral". Why is that happening and how do I get around this?

Thanks.

I don't know about Excel 2003, as I only have 2002, but in 2002, numberformat
is not a property of the Database object.

--ron