Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chris Picklesimer Chris Picklesimer is offline

Default VBA Control Issues

Thanks for your help!
--
Chris Picklesimer

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

First, close all applications. then find the temp directory

( before closing excel, in the immediate window do
? environ("Temp")
)

No go to that location in Windows explorer or with the command prompt window
and delete any files there and any subdirectories (and files) below temp,
particularly any associated with Office produces or VBA/VBE. (particularly
*.erd files).

then try it.

Tom Ogilvy

"Chris Picklesimer" wrote:

All of a sudden I am having problems with controls on my VBA forms. I first
create a new form and place a few OOTB controls (command buttons, text boxes,
combo boxes etc.). I run the form the first time to get an idea how it will
look and have no problems. I will then add and adjust controls. Then, as I
run the form I sporadically get and error message saying "Could not find the
specified object." and all my latest changes to the form are lost. I find
that if I save before I run the form and then close out of the xls, all
changes are current as I re-open the file.

I have tried this on five or six files thinking that it might be a fluke.
All have the same problem. The thing that is strange is that I have done
this many times before and never had any issues until now.

Thanks for any insight.
--
Chris Picklesimer