Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Insert Characters in cell with formatted text

On 15 Mar 2006 07:19:11 -0800, "MichaB" wrote:

If you mean that you have different formats for different parts of the string,
in the same cell, then I believe you will have to reset them after writing the
new string to the cell.

That's exactly my problem, that the text in the cell has different
formats for different parts of the string. I want to avoid that these
"local formats" get lost, because I don't think I can recover them.

MichaB

As I wrote, you will have to reset the formats each time you expand the string.
Somehow you will need to keep track of the formats for the differing segments
of this string; or detect them.

Dave posted some code that may be of use to you in this regard.
--ron