Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Doug Glancy Doug Glancy is offline

Default New macro

Kujo21,

Highlight all the cells you want to format, then, as Carim said, use
Conditional Formatting - Format Conditional Formatting.
In the leftmost dropdown box, stick with the default, "Cell Value Is."
In the second box, choose "greater than."
In the third type "=TODAY() + 14" without the quotes. Today() is the Excel
function that returns today's date.
Click the Format button, then the patterns tab, then choose your color.

You'll actually need a different conditional formatting for each different
length. You can have up to 3. The conditions are evaluated from 1 to 3, and
once a condition is met, the next ones aren't evaluated. So your first
condition should check for 14 days, 2nd for 2 days, etc.

One more thing. I often find that I do all of the above, and my formatting
doesn't work. I go back into CF and see that it's put quotes around my
formula in the 3rd box. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd figure out why, but when I
remove the quotes, the CF works.

hth,

Doug

"Kujo21" wrote in
message ...

I'm trying to create a new macro so that I can calculate dates and the
results show up as a cell being a solid color. Heres the info I'm
working with. I have a future date, I need to compare it to todays
date. When there are 14+ days its green, 2-13 days yellow, 0-1 red, a
- number is black. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm just
learning all this.

--
Kujo21
Kujo21's Profile: