Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] DFStoneJr@yahoo.com is offline

Default Better MRU list possible via VBA?

I'm intrigued by this Word "hack," which uses VBA to manage a longer
most-recently-used documents list than the default nine-item list in
Word:

http://hacks.oreilly.com/pub/h/2555

I know I fill up my MRU list pretty quickly, and nine items isn't
enough to keep me from having to scrounge through folders in search of
files. Is such a "hack" possible for Excel?

It appears to me that most of the code is easily reproducible in, or
modifiable for, Excel. The key appears to be in the code at the bottom
of the page, which reads file names from and writes them to an .ini
file, and I haven't been able to come up with anything in Excel to
mimic that.

Any suggestions, thoughts or pointers?

TIA.