Barbara

Ok, what if I change a couple of things.
I need to add in four columns (a new A thru D) on Sheet 1
And the info I am now getting on Sheet 2 is in A2 through I13

So the formula is in cell F2 thru M2 in Sheet 1(and copied down)
And it is reading from the data entered into column E in sheet 1 (E in sheet
one searchs column A in sheet 2 to get the data and bring back to sheet 1 and
put it in columns F thru L )

Since Column reads A=1, B=2 and so on, is there a way to change it to be
column F thru L.

I hope I am making since.
Barbara
"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Barbara
Column() returns the column number A=1 B=2 etc.
In your formula, the use of COLUMN() is automatically stepping up the offset
argument in the Vlookup expression to choose the appropriate value from the
reference table.

--
Regards
Roger Govier
"Barbara" wrote in message
Yes the VLookup is working nicely. Thanks
One question though, I understand what everything is doing in the formula
except Column()
Is that giving it a variable for whatever is in the column to copy over?
Barbara