Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ben Ben is offline

Default How to pick the right file

Hi all,

I have a series of Excel files in a directory out in the network. The file
names are suffixed by a date stamp as in: "_mm-dd-yyy.xls". I need to open
the latest file. But the latest file can be older than the date in the
system's clock. For example, it can be Monday today and the latest file is
from previous week's Friday. I was thinking of using a array or file system
object to read in all the files and truncate the date portion and compare
them. But that seems me a very ineffective and inefficient way of doing
thing. Can you share your thoughts or code snipppets? Thanks.

Ben