Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Lamination Technology[_2_] Lamination Technology[_2_] is offline

Default String manipulation in macro runs slower each time ran.

I'm new to this. Here is the code I'm having problems with. Task manager
reports no memory problems.

Do Until Left$(ActiveCell.Value, 1) = Chr$(12)
lins = lins + 1
If lins 10000 Then
Exit Do
End If
If Len(ActiveCell) 255 Then
Fcel = ActiveCell
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Activate
Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown
ActiveCell = Right(Fcel, Len(Fcel) - 255)
ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Activate
ActiveCell = Left(Fcel, 255)
'ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Activate
Else
Fcel = ""
End If
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Loop

"Lamination Technology" wrote:

The string manipulation is taking a long string and pasting segments of 255
characters into a cell until all the characters are in cells. After running
this about 3 times Excel slows to a halt. How do I fix this?