Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ardus Petus Ardus Petus is offline

Default Macro in Excel to Transpose Cells

Unfortunately, your answers you gave me don't make it possible to make sure
which should be the last question to be processed.

--
AP

"ebachenh" a écrit
dans le message de

Ardus Petus Wrote:
I got your file, thank you.

Problems start with question 10 (CE1): it contains the word "please"
but has
NO bold (<btext</b) text.
Since it has no bold text, I can ignore it and skip to next column
header.Correct - since there is no bold text, this would be where the

data
parsing would stop.

Ardus Petus Wrote:
CF1 contains both "please" and bold text (Clerical Staff). Si I should
consider it as a question, exprecting results in next column.

No. I want to stop the parsing once Question 9 has been reviewed. The
only problem is, sometimes this file's Question 9 may appear as Question
8 on another file I wish to run the macro on.

Ardus Petus Wrote:
Column cg contains bold text. Since it comes immediately after a
quetion, I
consider the bold text as the name of the respondent.

This and all following columns can be disregarded for the macro.

Ardus Petus Wrote:
Considering these problems, I suggest we parameterize the macro so that
it
considers a definite number or columns, ignoring all extra columns.

Do you agree?

Hopefully, the answers above make it easier to identify the stopping
point for the macro.

--
AP

--