Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

Default FileSearch to find partial words?

Hi, Helmut.

Actually, this can be used to solve my issue. The search terms (up to
three) are typed into cells. If I put a drop-down or option button next to
each term, I can allow the user to indicate if this is a complete word
(default), or the beginning, end, or center bit of a word. It might need a
bit more tweaking than that, but it should work out okay.

Thank you!
Ed

"Helmut Weber" wrote in message
Hi Ed,

according to the help .TextOrProperty
allows the use of the wildcards ? and *.

Though I doubt, whether this will help you much.

I'd use an invisible Word-instance
together with Word's wildcard search.

Not perfect, still. :-(

--