Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tx12345[_18_] tx12345[_18_] is offline

Default Too many calculations preventing Private Sub from executing macro

Hi

Here is a nice little bit of code, that, when you change the value of a
cell using a validation scroll down list, it runs a macro:

Code:
--------------------

If Target.Address = "$C$6" Then
Application.Run "yourmacro"

--------------------

It works great on one very simple file I have with maybe less than 200
calculations on the page, where once I select from the scroll down list
and change the value in the cell it triggers the macro without incident.
But the *other* file has too many calcs I guess.

I discovered that I can get the macro above to work on the file with
the heavier concentration of calculations IF I turn off the automatic
calculations, but then they have to be *manually* turned off, which
defeats the purpose of the convenience of the scroll down list.

Does anybody know how to get past this little bug?

Many thanks as always

tx

--
tx12345