Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

Default FileSearch to find partial words?

I have the following code in a workbook that does a text search through a
folder of Word documents:

With Application.FileSearch
.NewSearch
.LookIn = strLocation
.SearchSubFolders = False
.TextOrProperty = strSearchFor
.MatchAllWordForms = True
.Filename = strName & "*.doc"
.Execute

The code works fine - except it won't find part of a word. For instance, I
can't use "brak" (as strSearchFor) to find "brake", "brakes", and "braking".
I had hoped the MatchAllWordForms setting would do it, but no such luck.

Note: Mswds_en.lex is installed, but I have no idea if it's registered (as
per MatchAllWordForms Help topic.) How would I check and rectify in need
be?

Ed