Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sandeman Sandeman is offline

Default Macro idendifying keywords

Excel gurus...

I have a spreadsheet that in Column C has descriptive data all in text
form. The data might say something like "Paul is an Italian basketball
player."

What I need is for a macro to recognize the word "Italian" and place
the word "Italy" in Column E to the right of the data column. Then I'd
like to have another macro to recognize "basketball" and place
"basketball" in Column F.

However, sometimes there won't be information for Column E, in which
case the data in Column F needs to move over to Column E if E is blank.

And it needs to run for the entire set of rows.

Is this possible? Many thanks in advance.

Sandeman

--
Sandeman
Sandeman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32440