Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ardus Petus Ardus Petus is offline

Default Macro in Excel to Transpose Cells

Here is a sample Workbook which you can return to me via http://cjoint.com ,
after you provide sample data & expected results.
http://cjoint.com/?doitSclxyt

HTH
--
AP

"ebachenh" a écrit
dans le message de

Ardus Petus Wrote:
The following code should fit your needs.
Paste it into a module, then run macro transpose.

Thanks - this code worked, but I think I did a poor job of describing
my table.

Within the header row, there are a series of questions. The first
question I want to begin extracting the data at, begins when the
question contains "Please". And I would want the parsing to stop when
the question contains the word "problems". Within the header row cells
being parsed is a text string inbetween "<b" and "</b" which I would
like to appear in the result worksheet's *-first-* column.

In the following columns in that header row are names which receive a
ranking in response to the preceeding question. These names are also
contained in that cell between "<b" and "</b", which I would like to
appear in the result worksheet's *-second-* column.

After the last column with a name, the next column is the next
question, and so on and so on. There are a total of 8 questions to
parse through.

Ideally, the result page would look something like:

Question 2| John| 5
Question 2| John| 2
Question 2| John| 3
Question 2| Mary| 2
Question 2| Mary| 3
Question 3| John| 3
Question 3| John| 2
Question 3| Mary| 1........

If I could appeal to your good nature so that the code could accomplish
these 2 additional things, I would be extremely appreciative. I have
spent many hours over the weekend trying unsuccessfully to do this!

Many thanks!

EBachenh

--
ebachenh