KarenF

Default Sort - max number of columns?

We've recently made a very long spreadsheet with about 80 columns. BAD
things happen!

When people do a lazy sort - that is, ctrl home, Sort and use the populated
defaults, Excel only "selects" 64 columns. Of course this totally pooches
the data and creates disconnects.

No problems when the user selects the whole spreadsheet (by selecting the
upper lefthand corner), sorts and fills in the criteria themselves.

My question is, is this for real or am I imagining it? Is there a limit of
64 columns in Excel on that lazy sort? We're dealing with the workaround, I
just want to know I'm not crazy.

Karen F.