Sandy Mann

As I understand it, the "+" serves no purpose and is usually the result of
people entering formulas incorrectly, ie if you enter a formula as +A1
then re-select the cell you will see that the formula has been entered by
Excel as

=+A1

I believe, (although I have never used it), that Lotus 123 used the + as the
start of a formula and Excel is tollerant of it but does not use it.

--
HTH

Sandy

Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk

"Vlookup help" wrote in message
I am working with a model where the reference formulas are not just simple
references (e.g., "=A1") rather they all have "+" signs, (e.g., "=+A1").
Is
there a difference? If so, what is the purpose for the "+"?

Thanks