Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nigel Nigel is offline

Default If I enter a value (A) I want excel to tell me a value for (A)...

Set up a lookup table and use the vlookup function to access this table.
Use Excel help for this function to show how to set this up. Observe that
if, as I suspect, you are entering continuous values then you need to
determine how to convert this - vlookup can be set choose the next higher
value for the table if this is what you want. Otherwise you might want to
convert the value first.

--
Cheers
Nigel

"Ste1978" wrote in
message ...

Hi,

I want to create an excel spreadsheet to do the following:

Basically I want to 'size' a component by entering it's 'Full load
current; (in Amps) in one cell and then in another cell I want it to
display what component I should use e.g.

If I enter 1.4Am I want excel to tell me I need a 3RV1011-1BA10.

How can I achieve this? I realise that I will have to enter all the
component ranges in somehow but I don't know where to start.

--
Ste1978
Ste1978's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=521647