Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS GS is offline

Default Disable the prompt when clicking on a protected cell?

Frank,

<FWIW The reason I gave you the bFileExists() function is because the
bPathExists() function got replaced by it. It works for paths or filenames,
making it more versatile. As I said in my post of bPathExists(), I rarely use
it.

Regards,
Garry

"uglyvb" wrote:

Thanks GB for pointing out the complementary point, which clarifies the
scenario in which the workaround really works - with at least one
unlocked cell for the .EnableSelection to work on.

Re path validation(Thanks go to both Garry and Dave), Dave's solution
suits the situation better since only the path information is supplied
by the user at the point of validation(the user will then manually
select whatever file at his discretion in the subsequent file chooser
should the path be valid). A preliminary test shows it can capture all
path errors as desired.

Again, all endeavours to help have been appreciated!!

Regards
Frank

--
uglyvb