Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
David McRitchie David McRitchie is offline

Default UCase?

Hi ......,
You could use Conditional Formatting or a Filter to identify the
cells that are uppercase. But is there something that you want
to do with them when you find them.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm

Worksheet formulas are normall not case sensitive, but EXACT
requires an EXACT comparison.
=AND(ISTEXT(A1),EXACT(A1,UPPER(A1)))

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/strings.htm

VBA is case sensitive so your formula is correct, probably
in something else you did, numbers will be the same as is
compared to upper case, and I expect you want to try to ignore
such cells at least those that are numeric. Use of SpecialCells.

---
HTH,

"vbastarter" wrote in message ...
Hi, Its a simple question. I have a large file and i would like to check if
any of the cells are upper case. I thought i could do something simple like
if strtext = ucase(strtext) then....

but then its not able to identify ucase cells that way. Is there any
alternative way to achieve this??? Many THANKS