Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS GS is offline

Default Disable the prompt when clicking on a protected cell?

Hi Frank,

The "workaround" is standard procedure for when we don't want users to edit
LOCKED cells. This doesn't me they won't try to when met with the restricted
access.

My point about the alert was meant to be in addition to Ron's suggestion.
Although it's mute on protected sheets that have at least one unlocked cell,
if you have, for example, an instruction sheet with no unlocked cells that
you want protected, any attempt to invoke edit mode will be met with the
alert regardless of .EnableSelection being used. On sheets with unlocked
cells, it affects the current "active" cell, thus the alert isn't fired
because the active cell is allowed editing.

In regards to your other issue, I didn't see the post you're referring to
yet, but I'll look for it.

HTH
Garry