Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sabrick Sabrick is offline

Default automatic field adjustment

I have a business where I buy things are one place and sell them at
another, I am limited by two things:

1. my maximum amount of cash to pay for something before i resell it:
(Max Cash)
2. the capcity of my truck (Max Capcity)

I have a "Total" field that uses the "price" and "quantity" fields to
sum up a total (price*quantity=Total). I also have a "max capcity" and
a "max cash" field which shows the maxium "quantity" I can fit into a
truck and the max cash I can spend at one time.

so...

I want my quantity field to automatically adjust when it is higher
than my max capcity field so I don't buy more than I can haul.

ALSO

I want my quantity field to automatically adjust when the TOTAL field
is higher than my "Max Cash" rate so i don't attempt to buy more than I
can afford

thank you for even attempting this, seems like it is impossible based
on my limited knowledge

--
Sabrick
Sabrick's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32385