Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Charles Williams Charles Williams is offline

Default Macro Speed Evaluate

assuming you have calculation set to manual using autofill does NOT
calculate formulae as they are entered, so you are not comparing like for
like.

see http://www.decisionmodels.com/optspeedj.htm for some comments on
speeding up SUMPRODUCT/Array formulae
(Evaluate will handle array formulae).

Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.2 Beta now available
www.DecisionModels.com

"JeffMelton" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've written a macro that uses Evaluate("=Sumproduct(--(..... quite a
bit. It seemed like it took quite a while to run so I made a quick
macro that puts the formula in a cell and then autofill it to the rest
of the large range I was using. Anyway, the latter method took about
half the time to calc.

Is this normal for a macro calculating a lot slower than the excel
sheet?