Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Day before creation date in cell or as sheet name

Range("A2").Value = _
ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Creation Date")

Range("A2").Value = _
ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Creation Date")

"Creation Date" is two separate words.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

<AndyB wrote in message
Chip

Thanks for your reply. I have a problem, though! The file that
I am working on is an imported .txt and the macro crashes with
a Run-time error 5 - Invalid procedure call or argument.
The line I'm trying to use is this:
Range("A2").Value =
ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Creation Date")
and I'm wondering if it's because the sheet is not technically
a workbook.
The macro imports a .txt file, deletes junk from it and formats
some of the columns and I need to get the creation date of the
txt file.
Thanks.
Andy.

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
Try code like

Debug.Print
Format(ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Cre ation
Date") - 1, "ddmmyy")

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

<Andy wrote in message
Sorry - I'm in England! 01/03/2006 is the first of March
(over here!) and 28/02/06 is the day before it!

Cheers.
Andy.

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
You can use BuiltInDocumentProperties to get the creation
date. E.g.,

ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Creation Date")

How do you get 280206 from 1/3/2006?

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

<Andy wrote in message
Hi all
Thanks for reading this!
I'm trying to get the day before the creation date of a
file into a cell - or to set it as its sheet name. One
small addition is that I need it as text. So if the
creation date is 06/02/06, I need to cell to be 050206 (as
text), if the creation date is 01/03/06 then the cell would
be 280206. I've got a macro that formats column A as Text
and then fills it with the sheet name, but I'd like to do
it all automatically.
Thanks in advance.