Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter Bernadyne[_4_] Peter Bernadyne[_4_] is offline

Default find the index number for an array element

You know, it's funny, I would have thought that there would be a more
efficient way of identifying an array element instead of having to
resort to a loop, but I suppose there isn't.

That said, is there anyway of referring to just 1 column of a multiple
column array such as the one described? By this, I mean the entire
range of values in that column, of course.

So, if I had an array of (1 to 50, 1 to 3) for instance, is there a way
of referencing all 50 elements in column 1, by any chance? I'm trying
to get something like myarray(:,1) to indicate the first column (as in
Matlab, per any Matlab users out there).

Thanks,

-Pete

--
Peter Bernadyne